Location: Big Creek Park
Pool Capacity: 400 Bathers
Gallons of Water: 222,000
Recreation Center Size: 50′ x 100′ (5,000 sq ft)
Total Project Cost: $3.5 Million
Bond Amount: $2.8 Million
Pool may be closed due to threatening weather or cool temperatures without notice. We do not offer refunds due to weather or temperature related closings.
Management reserves the right to close the pool or particular areas of the facility, without notice, for other reasons such as maintenance or attendance.
Lifeguards have the authority to order any person not complying with facility rules or IDPH rules to leave the facility. (77 ILCS, Section 820.300)
Big Creek Park Pool Benefits
- Children will have fun in a supervised swimming pool.
- Activities for all ages.
- No public swimming pool within 15-mile radius of Canton.
- Opportunity for economic growth by affording non-residents the convenience to shop, purchase gas and dine while in Canton.
- Aid in making Canton a more desirable community to live, raise a family or retire.
- The more residential and commercial properties that are on the tax rolls reduces the burden to all taxpayers.
- Opportunity to receive grants to lower the construction bond.
- Offer teens a place to go and something to do in a supervised, youth friendly, environment.
- Seniors will have a place to interact with peers and have recreation programs geared to their needs.
- Provide jobs to area youth and seniors.
BAKER RECREATION CENTER INFORMATION:
The Gary G. Baker Recreation center is open Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – noon. Summer hours may vary.
The Rec Center can be rented for your next anniversary, birthday, corporate gathering, or family reunion.
Call 647-7665 for additional information.
The facility is supervised at all times and offers free drop-in passive recreation activities. Furnishings include: wide screen television, pool tables, snooker table, air hockey table, (2) wall mounted televisions, table tennis, card tables, couches, computer & internet access, dance floor, and a variety of board games.
Patrons age 16 and older can utilize the exercise equipment including (3) treadmills, (2) stationary bikes, elliptical trainer and a multi-station weight machine free of charge.
Seniors may also dance on Monday evenings between 6:00 & 9:00 p.m.
For further information contact the Baker Recreation Center at 647-POOL (7665).